Ad

Saturday, December 31, 2022

Happy 2023!!! My Yearly Reading

 Happy 2023!!! 


Today is actually December 31, 2022, but on New Year's Eve I like to do a reading for the entire next year.  

Tarot spread for the year, placed around a zodiac chart.
(I am using the Star Tarot by Cathy McCleelland
on my tarot mat)

By using a Yearly Tarot spread, you can get insight into what to expect for the year ahead, and where you need to focus your attention.  This will help you to get the most out of this brand new year.


As you can see in the picture above, that my mat is slightly rotated.  That is because I wanted to follow the calendar year and not the zodiac year (which is off by about two and a half months).  So my January card is in the Aquarius space and then the following months are laid down clockwise, with the December card in the Capricorn space.  

Some people like to stick to the zodiac year when they do a Yearly Reading.  They would then start on  March 21 and follow the dates of each zodiac, still resulting in twelve cards.  

There is no right or wrong way to do a yearly reading. Some people like to lay the cards out in a long line, others make a 3 by 4 grid.  I prefer to use the circle, because it symbolizes the wheel - of moving forward. 

After I have laid out my cards for the year, I take time to read each card, so that I can see the "big picture" of what is coming, making notes of anything that really jumps out.  I then write each one down in my planner/calendar.  That way, at the start of each month, I can go back and review the card.  

The yearly spread is a great way to see what is coming ahead for the new year.  You may want to take a look at it again when you are planning a vacations/travel, moving, starting a new job, retiring, investing, really anything that is a major change or addition.  You may consider holding off on something or shifting your timeline, so that it coincides better within the year. 

The yearly spread might also help you to really focus on some areas that need attention.  Maybe you need more self-care, or need to work harder, or need to enrich your life somehow?  These monthly cards can show you what areas need attention and when.

If you don't do a Yearly Reading on December 31, or January 1, it is okay!  You can really start any time.  Just remember to adjust your months accordingly.  You could also do quarterly readings instead (if you don't like so much at once). 

I would love to know if this is something that you already do, or are you going to start with 2023?

May all your wishes come true this year!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

February 2023 - 7 of Pentacles

 WOW! February came and went.  It never ceases to amaze me how fast time can go by sometimes.  I drew the 7 of Pentacles for my February ca...